Additional Housing Management Service
What is it?
Our Additional Housing Management (AHM) service offers a monthly visit to your home by one of our Independent Living Advisors to provide help, advice and assistance in accessing services, which will enable your continued independence, health and wellbeing.
How can we assist?
- Offering advice & guidance to aid your independent living
- Assisting you to manage your home for example liaising with our repairs team to ensure the property has all of the necessary repairs carried out so that it is adequately maintained, applying for aids and adaptations etc
- Signposting you to support services who can assist with reading, letters, paying bills, dealing with nuisance calls, door step selling etc
- Arrange for external agency involvement where appropriate, i.e. adult social care, OT, referrals
- Providing advice on personal safety and security
- Linking you with local resources, volunteers and community services and help you to access services within your community
- Provide information and demonstrate our First Contact Lifeline service.
- Assisting with social isolation – helping you to stay close with family through technology
Who is eligible?
The service is available to all residents who feel they need additional support to live independently and to improve overall health and wellbeing.
How much does it cost?
There is a small weekly charge that is benefit eligible if applicable.
I’m interested, what’s next?
Contact the Independent Living Team on either 01296 732889 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further details. A member of the team will visit and explain the service to you.