Home Contents Insurance

Why do I need it?

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so although home contents insurance is not compulsory, it can help provide peace of mind. As a landlord, we do not cover your contents as part of your tenancy agreement.

It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for, in order to help you make an informed decision on which one is right for you.

We have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks, and Allianz Insurance plc who provide the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, a specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policy.

They can offer you, our tenants and leaseholders, insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

How do I get further information?

  • Ask our Welfare team for an application pack by calling 01296 732600 or emailing welfare@vaht.co.uk

  • Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288 or visit www.thistlemyhome.co.uk to request a call back or view information online

The National Housing Federation is an Appointed Representative of Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Lloyd’s Broker. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.