We handle all personal information in accordance with all relevant Data Protection Legislation. The Vale of Aylesbury Housing Trust takes your privacy very seriously and this privacy statement sets out how we use and protect any information that you may give the Vale of Aylesbury Housing Trust. The Trust is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We use the information to help us to make decisions about your enquiry or complaint and the services we can give you.
What information do we collect?
During a tenancy / lease with us we will generally collect and maintain the following information:
- name and address
- contact information including phone numbers and email address
- identification information such as National Insurance number and birth date
- income, benefits and other financial details
- payment details
- general details of those living in the property
- information regarding the tenancy including Anti Social Behaviour, complaints made by or about you (or others living in the property)
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys
- other general information required to carry out the services we provide you
We also collect special categories of personal data, including:
- Information about ethnicity
- Details about medical conditions relevant to your housing needs
- Criminal records / convictions
What do we do with the information we collect?
We use this information in order to manage your tenancy, comply with our legal obligations understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to improve our services to our customers
- to send you emails and text messages about our services, if you agree to us doing so
- to enhance the quality and diversity of our services
- To investigate the circumstance of your application, enquiry or complaint
- To monitor our work
- To manage your tenancy, lease or application
We may pass this information onto third party contractors if they require this information to carry out work on behalf of the Trust. In such circumstances the third party contractor can only use the information they are given to carry out the service we have contracted from them and not for any other purposes
What we will not do with the information we gather
- Information is not provided to any other company for direct marketing purposes. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may share some of the information we hold with the following people and organisations but only where there is a legal requirement or in order to fulfil our contractual requirements / delivery of service unless we have your consent and the data shared will be in proportion to the requirements.
- Local councils
- Other agencies as may be necessary e.g. gas contractors
- Other persons who you may wish to be involved with the procedure e.g. your M.P
- Government Departments as required by law
- Survey and research (where the research is being done on behalf of the Trust) organisations
- Other Housing Associations or Trusts
- security organisations and those organizations involved in the investigation of crime (including fraud)
- health and social welfare organisations
- professional advisers and consultants
- probation services
- charities and voluntary organisations
- police forces
- courts and tribunals
- debt collection agencies
How we keep your personal data secure
We will keep information securely, accurately and appropriately. We usually keep information about tenants for the duration of your tenancy and then for a period of 6 years – longer if arrears outstanding. We will destroy information securely when we no longer need it. All data will be stored securely within Europe and all data held on our own computer systems is stored in the UK. In accordance with the terms of Data Protection Regulation, we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request from us:
- That any inaccurate information we hold about you is corrected
- That your information is deleted
- That we stop using your personal information for certain purposes
- That your information is provided to you in a portable format
- That decisions about you are not made by wholly automated means
Many of the rights listed above are limited to certain defined circumstances and we may not be able to comply with your request. We will always tell you if this is the case. If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please put your request in writing to the Data Protection Officer at Fairfax House, 69 Buckingham Street, Aylesbury, Bucks, HP20 2NJ or via email to Data.Protection@vaht.co.uk. The Data Protection Officer will be informed of any request for information and will keep a log of all such requests. Once the request has been received, the relevant manager and the Data Protection Officer will aim to respond to you within 28 days. Any disputed information we hold will be discussed by the relevant housing manager with you and, if necessary, amended. Proof of this amendment will be supplied to you. If you have any questions or wish to complain, please write to the Data Protection Officer, at Fairfax House, 69 Buckingham Street, Aylesbury, Bucks, HP20 2NJ or via email to Data.Protection@vaht.co.uk.
Our Data Protection Registration
The Vale of Aylesbury Housing Trust Data Protection Registration is Z943766X For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner at: The Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
*To view specific Privacy Notices please visit the relevant page on our website